Family loses everything in mobile home fire

    0
    12


    A family lost everything they own when their doublewide mobile home burned this morning on Cranberry Ridge Road, according to Ernest Russell, assistant chief of Roaring River Fire Department.


     The residence, occupied by David and Cynthia Mullis and their four children, was destroyed in the blaze, which began around 8 a.m. The Mullis family was shopping when the fire began, Russell said.


     The blaze was reported by a Roaring River fireman, who had spotted smoke in the area and investigated to locate the source, he said. The mobile home, located well off the road, had been burning for at least 45 minutes.  


    Roaring River firemen, assisted by Ronda Fire Department, were able to quickly get the fire under control, Russell said. It appears that the blaze began near a dryer and that the likely cause is some electrical problem.


    Among the possessions lost were the family’s Christmas presents, he noted. Russell added that there was fire insurance on the dwelling.


    The American Red Cross is assisting the family, he said. Wilkes Fire Marshal Kevin Bounds was also at the scene. Russell said some 20 firefighters responded to the fire with six fire trucks.


     


    Wilkes Journal Patriot


    Wilkesboro, NC


    http://www.journalpatriot.com/fullstory.asp?id=913

    SHARE